- 1979-1984: Master Psychology & Educational Sciences (University Ghent)
- 1987-1988: Master Business Economics (University Antwerp)
- 1992-1993: Postgraduate Knowledge Technology (University Ghent)
(1984-1993: RUG & Dolmen Computer Applications, employee)
- 1984-1986: Coach “learning to learn” & Co-author “learn wiser” (Ghent
- 1986-1989: Training officer ICT (Dolmen Computer Applications)
- 1989-1991: Product Marketing Manager (Dolmen Computer Applications)
- 1991-1994: Sales manager (Dolmen Computer Applications)
(1994-2010: U&I Learning, entrepreneur)
- 1994-1997: Startup U&I Learning (e-learning business)
- 1997-2002: Ceo U&I Learning nv
- 2002-2010: Chairman U&I Learning nv
(2009-2012: PABE, self-employed)
- strategic management (SME’s)
- corporate learning (large corporations)
- Dutch: mother tongue
- English: fluent in reading, speaking & writing
- French: fluent in reading & speaking, sufficient in writing
- Chinese, Italian, German: some elementary speaking
Learning consultancy (1994-2010 through U&I Learning)
3M – Banksys – Bekaert – Belgacom – Biac – Cevora – De Post – Dexia – DHL- Digipolis – Fopas – Fortis – ING – INOM – KBC – Ministerie van de Vlaamse Gemeenschap – National Bank of Belgium – OFO (government) – Reed Elsevier – Schenker – Securex – SD Worx Siemens – Telenet – Tourism Authority of Thailand – VDAB – VOKA-VEV…
Guest Lector/speaker (1994-2012)
UAMS (Management School Antwerp), Vlerick Management School, WES (International Training Management), University Ghent, E-HRM conference, Management Center Europe, VDAB, EHSAL, EC, ELIG, ETDF-FEFD, ROC Netherlands, School of the future, EAPRIL, VOKA Plato sessions
VOV: member since 1993, member of the board 1998-2012
VOV (Vereniging Vormings & Opleidingsverantwoordelijken) groups 700 Human Resources Development professionals from industry, government and adult education.
ETDF-FEFD: member of the board since 2006, president 2008-2014
The European Training and Development Federation is an umbrella organisation linking 12 national associations of training and human resource development, representing over 146,000 members in total.
BE-ODL: co-founder and member since 1999
The Belgian network for open and distance learning (BE-ODL) was founded in 1999. The network is composed of technology and training providers as well as organisations representing Open and Distance Learning (ODL) users.
ELIG: membership U&I Learning since 2004
The European Learning Industry Group is an open consortium of leading ICT companies and eLearning content providers who seek to promote eLearning throughout Europe. It was launched on 25 April 2002 in partnership with EU Commissioner Reding.
VOKA-VEV: member since 2001
The Voka-VEV alliance offers the advisory and networking services of eight Chambers of Commerce and Industry and representative power towards the Flemish government, through the channel of the Flemish Employers Association.
European Research projects
2006-2008: ELEC: member of steering committee
ELEC is a Development Partnership within the EQUAL initiative.
The project was initiated by BE-ODL (Belgian Network for Open and Distance Learning) and is aimed to promote e-learning through the development of 2 digital instruments directed towards e-learners and e-content developers.
2006-2008: SME-NET: member of steering committee
SME-NET is a Development Partnership within the EQUAL initiative. The project was initiated by VOKA-VEV and is aimed to stimulate new ways of learning within SME’s in order to enhance competitiveness. It includes a research phase, an SME-guide and a learning market portal.
2010-2011: Koopera: facilitator
Koopera is an ESF project with the aim to export the Plato Learning Network methodology to Eastern European countries. (Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia).
- 1995: RUG Leerwijzer (learning to learn for students)
- 2007: ELEC E-learning guide (how to develop e-learning modules)
- 2009: VOKA Evoleren (blended learning for SME’s)
- 2010: VOKA Wegwijs met competenties (Competence management for SME’s)
- 2011: VOKA Van ondernemer tot overnemer (Acquisitions approach for SME’s)
- 2012: VOKA Wijzer: Externen sturen mee in de cockpit van mijn bedrijf (External directors for SME’s)
- 2009: ThyssenKrupp Materials Belgium: Development of job and competence profiles (Ilse Henne, General Manager)
- 2009: Pharm@Vize: Project management planning software (Harry Christians, Ceo)
- 2009: Chevron Arteco: Business etiquette Asia (Remue Sofie, Company Secretary)
- 2010: ILO: strategy development (Inge Lostrie, Ceo)
- 2010: Laserworks: Making information easy digestable (Filip Van Nieuwenhuyze, Managing Director)
- 2010: Amcor Flexibles: Development of job and competence profiles
(Veerle Verstaeten, HR Manager)
- 2010: Vlerick: Development of job and competence profiles
(Maarten Van der Biest, IT Manager)
- 2011: Pharm@Vize: advice on knowledge management (Harry Christians, Ceo)
- 2011: De Rycke bouwmaterialen: strategy development (Jo De Rycke, Ceo)
- 2011: Meyland: setting up a board of directors (Carlo Roeland, Ceo)
- 2012: D&D Isoltechnics: strategy development (Yves Desmet, Ceo)
- 2012: SMS Solutions: strategy development (Selwyn Devroe, Ceo)
- 2012: Quantum: guiding a management buy out (Marino Van de Weghe, Ceo)
- 2012: Avecom: advice on growth strategy (Rik Danneels, Ceo)
- 2012: Claes Printing: setting up a board of directors (Thijs Claes, Ceo)
Facilitating learning networks: 2009-2012
- 2009-2010: VOKA: Two learning networks on SME strategy (Eric Kenis, director)
- 2009-2012: VOKA: Coaching Plato networks (Christel Geltmeyer, director)
- 2009-2011: VOKA: Koopera: setup of learning networks in Serbia, Romania and Bulgaria (Wim Keygnaert, coordinator)
- 2010: VOKA: Facilitating customer arena’s (Jens De Vos, project manager)
- 2010-2011: VOKA: Pecunia: M&A learning network (Sarah Keymolen, coordinator)
- 2010-2011: RESOC-SERR: learning network talent and competences
(Servaas Pauwels, coordinator)
- 2011-2012: RESOC-SERR: learning network workplace learning
(Servaas Pauwels, coordinator)
- 2011-2012: VOKA: Vlaamse KMO’s in Actie: working with external directors
(Christel Geltmeyer, director)
- 2012: VOKA: start-up of learning networks for Belarus & Ukraine (Dominique Van Den Hove, coordinator)
Corporate learning 2011 – 2012
- 2011 february-june: Federal Governement: OFO-IFA: coaching e-learning development (Annick Smeers, R&D Blended Learning)
- 2011 february – 2012 february: Management Information: Certiport Certification Business Development (Dominique Delferrière, Ceo)
- 2011 may – 2012 december: bpost: online learning manager ad interim: advice & implementation of online learning strategy
(Lut Nelissen, Director Talent HR&O; Luc Blondiau, Manager bpost Academy)
Contact data for any named references can be obtained on request.